The Ultimate Guide - How to set up your Spin
MySphera Spins is your new tool to engage with existing & new audiences and grow your fan base.
In this guide, we will go over the steps to set up your Spins page (Don’t worry it takes only a few minutes). Plus, how to get as many interactions, emails, and insights from your Spins page once it’s live.
First thing’s first: Which type of Spin would you like to kick-off?
Before you start creating your Spins you need to pick your Spins page type.
There are two options:
“I have exciting news” - Pick this type if you have a dedicated link you wish your fans will interact with.
For example, tickets for an upcoming show, a new release, special discount, new merch drop, or anything as such.
“I want to engage my fans” - Pick this type when you don’t have anything in particular to promote but still want to engage new/existing fans.
For example, start a remix challenge, content for holidays, or highlight music you love.
Step 1: Set up your fans welcome page
What is the fans’ welcome page?
This is the first thing your fans will see once they enter your Spins page. The content you put in it should encourage them to start playing.
The upper section of the page includes various tabs. Each tab is a different template you can use or edit.
** If you feel like starting from scratch, you can always pick the blank template.
On your left, there are 3 editable fields:
1. Image - the default image is your Spotify Profile Image. In case you want to use a different image, you can upload and adjust it.
2. Headline - This is a one-line text to hook your fans.
3. Body - This is a short text that gives context to your Spin page, and helps motivate your fans.
On the right, you will see a simulation of your welcome page. Your changes will be visible there so you can understand what your fans will see.
Step 2: Pick the tracks for your Spin
Now, for the main event - pick the tracks you want your fans to interact with!
In this step, you will have a few different ways to quickly create your track list :)
** Please note you have a limit of 10 tracks. We recommend creating a list of 5 - 10 tracks per Spin.
How can you add tracks?
1. Add from Spotify: Have specific tracks in mind? You can simply type their name, or the artists’ name in the search bar or paste the Spotify URL of the track you want. Then, you will see relevant results from Spotifys' track library. Just click on a track to add it to your Spins tracklist.
2. Use MySphera music recommendations: Explore relevant tracks from MySpheras' directory using our easy-to-use "Music Tinder" interface.
This is a great way to save time on curating your tracklist, plus, give your fans the chance to discover music from upcoming artists, who might be the next big hits!
How it works:
For each track, you have 3 options:
“Add track to Spin” - Clicking this to add this track to your tracklist. Plus, we will save it to your “Liked tracks” archive.
“Save for later” -Not sure the track fits your current Spin? No worries. Click this and the track will be saved to your “Liked tracks” archive.
“Skip, next track” - Click this if you’re not connecting to the song to skip to the next track without saving it in your “Liked tracks” archive.
3. Add tracks from your “Liked tracks” archive: Here you can find your most recent liked tracks. You can listen to them again and add them to your Spins page using the "Add Track" button.
Your Spin tracklist:
Here you can see the tracks you picked for your Spins page.
You can always play the tracks by clicking the play button, if you want to recall their sound.
If you wish to remove a track from the list, click on the trash icon.
** Please note, that you can only change the track list before your Spins page is published.
Your tracklist is limited to 10 tracks. If you reached that number and still want to add another track, at this stage, it means you will have to give up one of the current tracks on your list.
Step 3: Set up your fans share page
What is the fans share page?
This is the final page of your Spin.
After your fans listened/reacted to your music picks they will reach the last page - the "Fans share page".
There they will see:
1. A thank you note from you;
2. A custom Meme/image that communicated based on the number of tracks they liked.
3. A motivational message that will encourage them to share your Spins page to friends & on their socials.
How it works
** If you picked the "Got News" Spins type: You can add a dedicated link you want to drive traffic to, for example, a link to tickets, a special discount, a raffle, a video before its release, etc... The link will be sent to your fans via email once they complete your Spins experience.
** Please keep in mind this is optional
Similar to step 1, you can pick/edit different templates for your Fan Share Page.
On your left, there are 3 sections you can edit:
1. Headline - This is a one-line text to thank your fans for interacting with your Spins page.
2. Pick image - Pick the image your fans will see based on the % of tracks they liked.
There are three types of results, each row represents a range of tracks your fans liked.
For each range of results, you can either pick from our suggestions, or, upload your own image.
3. Body - Add a short text to motivate your fans to share your Spins page.
Choose the type of share your fans will be encouraged to do:
Personal: Motivate your fans to send it directly to their friends. Messaging apps will be shown first in your Spins share bar.
Social: Motivate your fans to share it on their socials. Social platforms will be shown first in your Spins share bar.
On your right, you will see a simulation of the fans share page:
Whenever you change your text/images your simulation will update.
Click on the arrows inside the simulation to see the different images you chose.
Keep in mind:
* Texts/images will be saved only when you click the “save and continue” button.
* Navigating between templates will reset existing texts.
Step 4: Publish your Spin!
All set! Your Spins page is ready to get out there.
In order to publish your page, all you need to do is start sharing it on the different channels you communicate with your fans :)
You can either share it by clicking on any of the social buttons, or, copy the dedicated link to your Spin and share it elsewhere.
Also, you can find a link to your dedicated Spin toolset, where you have tips and hacks on how to maximize the impact of your Spins page, cool assets you can use for your socials, and much more.
Want to find out how to get the most from your Spin page? Just head over to our dedicated guide, and get some inspiring ideas!